I recently presented (slides below) at Conversion World. Sam Hurley; Digital Marketing influencer and Founder of OPTIM-EYEZ, asked me the following eight questions. The interview is still getting regular retweets so I’m providing a link to the interview and the slideshare.
- Jeffrey, why do you think CRO has become relegated to junior managers as a side project? Has it always been this way?
- How can those with knowledge of CRO get board members to invest in the practice?
- Can you give us 3 tactics you’ve found to be effective which actually go against the grain of ‘standard’ CRO?
- Is there a benchmark conversion rate, or is it all a myth?
- Which component of CRO do you believe to be the most important and why?
- What are your favorite tools of the trade?
- If there was one thing you could change in the industry, what would it be?
- How do you envisage the future of CRO?
Read the full interview with Sam.
Why Has CRO Become a Dead-End?
“We [CRO practitioners] are the dirt under the fingernails of the digital industry,” said CEO André Morys of Web Arts in the foreword of a recent ebook by Conversion agency PRWD featuring seventeen well known CRO professionals. He is correct! It’s clear that CRO isn’t perceived as a strategic advantage. It’s seen as a tactic relegated to junior managers and a first-to-cut line item when tightening corporate marketing budgets. If you are attending the Conversion World conference this should disturb you!
Jeffrey Eisenberg and his brother Bryan, are pioneers of conversion rate optimization. Together they co-authored the first two New York Times best-selling books about CRO. In their two decades of experience there have been many professional successes, failures, celebrations and disappointments.
In this tell-all keynote, Jeffrey will reveal the intimate secrets that even insiders rarely get to hear about conversion rate optimization.
During this presentation you will learn:
- why conversion rate, an output metric, can’t be optimized like an input
- why most marketers are still in the dark ages about testing
- why “best practices” are actually impediments to insight
- how conversion rate optimizers hurt themselves when reporting data
- why marketers have settled for way-too-low conversion rates
- and, finally why the C-Suite doesn’t trust or empower CRO practitioners
CRO has a problem. If you want to be part of the solution, don’t miss this presentation.